Vacancy for: Supervisor
Vacancy Number: P40180165
Business Unit: Corporate Office
Closing Date: 2018.03.07
Contact Person: Lu Smith
Section: Business of Tomorrow
Physical Location: Pretoria
Kindly have it brought under the attention of all employees under your supervision that applications are awaited for the above position. This position will be based at Pretoria.
REFERENCE SHOULD BE MADE TO P40180165 ON ALL APPLICATIONS
PURPOSE: • Supervises and coordinates, related to the service delivery of Exxaro leak repair business activities, of workers engaged in the repair of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of a network water reticulation system according the Exxaro leak repair business methodologies and SoP’s. • Trains new workers. • Inspects work in progress and completed work to determine conformance to specifications. MAJOR CHALLENGES: • To keep abreast of latest technology and practises • Knowledge and competence transfer to Artisan.
Grade 12/Standard 10 Technical ( Essential/Minimum )
NC: N3 Water & Wastewater Treatment Prac ( Essential/Minimum )
Trade: Plumber MQA/QCTO ( Essential/Minimum )
Name Proficiency Importance Involvement
Applicable technical and maintenance experience within the water environment
3 years Essential/Minimum Operational
Certificate of Fitness ( Essential/Minimum )
Psychometric Assessment ( Essential/Minimum )
POSITION TASKS: The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
• Stay abreast of latest and new Technology in field of competence • Develop and implement technology through analyses of current processes procedures and techniques and implement through Project process • Thorough knowledge of the theories, standard practices, materials and processes of the craft • Expert working knowledge of the assembly, installation, alteration, repair and maintenance of applicable equipment and systems
Customer, Stakeholder and Client Relationship Management • Ensure delivery of service in alignment with agreed Exxaro and external Service Level Agreements standards
Equipment Operations and Control
• Ensure effective and preventative maintenance management of structures, specialized infrastructure, systems and specialized equipment • Assist with maintenance cost management • Ensure compliance to legislation
Maintenance, Process and Equipment Efficiency
• Ensure adherence to planned maintenance schedules • Use available resources optimally • Assume responsibility for quality of maintenance and new installations in functional area • Execute pro-active inspection and fault finding as part of preventative maintenance work • Monitor process, conduct inspections and rectify sub-standard performance/conditions • Control quality of process • Perform basic maintenance tasks on plant mechanical systems • Assist with monitoring and implementation of new procedures and processes.
Routine Work Management
• Develop and review maintenance plans • Balance workload between routine and scheduled maintenance and breakdown recovery • Assist with Project planning in area of responsibility and expertise
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
• Adhere to all health/safety practices and promote good housekeeping on an ongoing basis • Address all unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations, rectify/report to superior • Comply with SHEC/tech requirements • Wear applicable PPE at all times
• Ensure specialized technical support in area of expertise i.e, latest technology and best practice; analysis, interpretation, problem solving which including interpretation of specialised prescriptive manuals and internet and other relevant material on task at hand •Develop and implement preventative measures/maintenance to prolong life of infrastructure. •Train and mentor plumbers •Interpret and work from sketches, blueprints, and oral instructions. • Manufacture parts of equipment as is, or from new design as required, interpreted from sketches plans or drawings.
Applicants must email a CV to CCHRApplications@exxaro.com on or before 2018.03.07 at 16:00.The appointment will be made in accordance with Exxaro’s Employment Equity policy.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was Unsuccessful.