The Chief Executive Officer of th South African Diamond and Precious Metals Regulator (SADPMR) hereby invites qualified graduates to join the organisation on a 12 months interns hip programme.
SADPMR, established in terms of Section 3 of the Diamonds Amendment Act, 2005 (Act 29 of 2005), aims to regulate the downstream diamond and precious metals industries to ensure equitable access to the diamond and precious metals resources of the Republic. To ensure that they are exploited and developed in the interest of the people of South Africa , to promote local beneficiation and ensure compliance with the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme.
SADPMR is looking for high-achieving graduates in the following fields:
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT) – BSc Computer Science/ND: Information Technology Head Office (1 Position) – REF:JHB01
- Precious Metals and Beneficiation – Degree or National Diploma in Statistics Head Office (1 Position) – REF:JHB02
- Diamond Exchange and Export Centre – Degree or National Diploma in Public Administration Head Office (1 Position) – REF :JHB03
- Diamond Inspectorate – Degree or National Diploma in Statistics Head Office Kimberley (2 Position) – REF:JHB04 & Kimberley REF:KIM01
- Licensing – Degree/National Diploma: Para Legal, Legal Assistance, Office Administration Head Office (2 Positions) – REF:JHB05
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer – Degree or National Diploma in Accounting, Financial Management, Supply Chain and Logistics. Head Office (1 Position) – REF:JHB06
- Be South African citizens between the ages 18 and 35.
- Have completed a National Diploma or Degree in the above mentioned disciplines.
How to apply
Applications close on 23 February 2018
NOTE: Applications must be clearly marked by quoting the Relevant Division and Reference Number for your application.
Applications must be directed to HR Manager, accompanied by comprehensive CV, application letter indicating the relevant division and reference number for your application, certified copies of qualifications, ID and must be hand delivered at ground floor SADPMR Building, Jewel City, 251 Fox Street Cnr Greene and Main street, Johannesburg 2028. Applications must be submitted separately if applying for more than one internship opportunity.
Successful candidates will be required to enter into an Internship Agreement with the SADPMR. The SADPMR is under no obligation to employ the intern on completion of the programme. The SADPMR will pay a monthly stipend.
The SADPMR is committed to Employment Equity; therefore preference will be given to people living with disability. Candidates in the Affirmative Action categories are particularly encourage to apply. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Failure to provide any of the required documents in a manner that is prescribed will result in disqualification of the application and as such your application deemed non-responsive. Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries: Mr Thokozani Mkhize (011) 223 7000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org