Start your career with this opportunity to acquire challenging exposure and training and excellent remuneration and benefits with a Multinational company that is the only producer of stainless steel on the African Continent.
Columbus Stainless offers the opportunity to develop through the practical application of the theoretical principles you have learned about in a diverse manufacturing environment. The company invites applications for University Graduate Training Opportunities in 2018.
Columbus, founded in 1966 and part of the Multinational Acerinox Group, is proud to be the only producer of stainless steel on the African Continent. Durable and 100% recyclable, stainless steel has boundless potential as the preferred metal for the future, and Columbus remains dedicated to playing a significant role in South Africa’s growth and development.
To remain one of the top stainless steel producers, we recruit excellent calibre people and are committed to training and developing them to reach their full potential and share in our successes.
Columbus’ structured training programmes offer the opportunity to develop through the practical application of the theoretical principles you have learned in a diverse manufacturing environment.
In order to be eligible, you need to have completed all study modules of one of the following degrees:
- BEng Industrial Engineering – This programme will expose you to planning, optimisation and execution of the global distribution of our material, design and implementation of system-based solutions, as well as planning, optimisation and execution of the production facility.
- BEng Computer Engineering – This programme will expose you to automation and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) application software, as well as compilation of functional and technical specifications of solutions in line with user requirements.
- BSc/BCom Computer Science/Information Technology/Informatics – This programme will expose you to various business application platforms, from compiling functional and technical specifications of solutions in line with user requirements right through to the implementation of software solutions.
- BEng/BSc Mechanical Engineering – This programme will expose you to various hydraulic and pneumatic systems, water pumps, centrifugal fans, gear drives, condition monitoring, reliability centred maintenance, root cause failure analysis, fault finding on stainless steel process lines and related mechanical equipment to optimise production efficiency.
- BCom Accounting or Financial Management – This programme will expose you to various finance disciplines, including accounts payable, fixed assets, costing, taxation and financial reporting.
- BCom/Honours Industrial Psychology/Human Resources Management – This programme will expose you to Recruitment, Training, Remuneration and Benefits, Organisational Development, Industrial Relations and general operational HR functions.
Columbus Stainless offers a competitive remuneration package plus medical aid, retirement fund, subsidised canteen meals etc.
How to apply
Closing date is 31 November 2017
E-mail your comprehensive CV and full academic record to firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the discipline you are applying for (eg Engineer-in-Training: Industrial Engineering) in the subject line of your e-mail. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
The appointment of a candidate is at the sole discretion of Columbus Stainless, taking into account factors considered relevant, including but not limited to our Employment Equity goals.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the details contained in this advertisement are correct, any inadvertent error or omission will not prejudice the rights or obligations of Columbus Stainless and will be rectified immediately upon discovery.
Please note: Columbus, its employees or representatives will never ask for a fee from job seekers.