The purpose of this Learnership is to equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy and to promote the notion of quality lifelong learning. REF: WC/CANA/RC/Basic Pharmacist Assistant LEARNER/Western Cape/280717
Closing Date: 2017-08-11
AA/EE: Not Applicable
Contract Temporary / Contract
Location: Western Cape
Category: Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene
Dis-Chem is proud to announce learnerships at a variety of our stores in the Western Cape.
- Grade 12 Mathematical, Life Science and or Physical Science obtained at least an average of 50%
Function and duties:
Accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Counsel.
Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
Keep abreast of changes in medical aid procedures and requirements for claims and dispensing.
Assist in the sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
Assist with the manufacturing of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
Assist in the distribution and control of stock of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
Order medicine and scheduled substances up to and according to an instruction of a person authorised in terms of the Medicines Act to purchase or obtain such medicine or scheduled substance.
The reading and preparation of a prescription, the selection, manipulation or compounding of the medicine, the labelling and supply of the medicine in an appropriate container following the interpretation and evaluation of the prescription by a pharmacist.
Advise and assist patients at the dispensary, self-medication counter and front-shop.
Process all paperwork necessary for the accurate submission of claims to medical aids.
Correct errors on scripts rejected by medical aid.
Ensure authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
Maintain customer profiles on the system.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Have good time management skills, be deadline driven, be able to deal with pressure and pay special attention to detail
- Have good computer and numerical skills
- Knowledge of Retail/ FMCG operations
- 3rd Additional Language
- Knowledge of or experience in Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing to work Retail Hours in a controlled room temp, security, limited space, health and safety, risk stock
- Physically Fit – standing for long hours
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE – Clear criminal and credit record
- Driver’s license or own reliable transport
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.